April 25, 2019 Wild and Scenic Film Festival
Article written on 2019-02-22 by: Adrian Meseberg
The River Alliance of Wisconsin is holding it’s 3rd Annual Wild and Scenic Film Festival on April 25th, 2019 and Green Bay Trout Unlimited is a $500 (supporter level) sponsor !
Both GBTU and the River Alliance of Wisconsin have supported one another for quite a while now. As a matter of fact, we had two representatives from their organization join us as February guest speakers.
This years event will be held locally at the Meyer Theater in Green Bay. There is a VIP Pre-Party starting at 5:30p. The films begin at 7p. More information can be found on the Alliance’s website or by CLICKING HERE.
Below is a list of the feature films…
- Flipping the Switch (6 min) – How one woman led the movement that exposed the Flint water crisis.
- Brotherhood of Skiing (10 min) – Since 1973, this ski club has overcome barriers by bringing soul and smiles to the slopes.
- Your Rivers Need You (6 min) – A man changes his tune on protecting the Wild and Scenic Red River.
- Too Precious To Mine (10 min) – Even the Grand Canyon is facing the threat of mining pollution.
- The Last Green Thread (18 min) – Three friends journey through a fragile stretch of Florida’s wilderness corridor.
- Chandalar (15 min) – Veterans, youth and healing powers of fly fishing.
- You Can’t Dam Your Way To Paradise (4 min) – A pristine river gorge, and another damn dam ?
- The Art of Fog Catching (12 min) – A village fights water insecurity with the world’s largest fog collection project.
- My Mom Vala (10 min) – The Icelandic mother-daughter fishing duo you didn’t know you needed to meet!
- A New View Of The Moon (3 min) – Become reacquainted with awe, just look up!
Thanks for all you do for the coldwater resources of Northeast Wisconsin !!