Upcoming GBTU Meeting Schedule
Article written on 2015-09-03 by: Adrian Meseberg
It’s that time of year again. The time when inland trout season comes to a close and GBTU gets together to make chapter decisions, learn from guest speakers, and enjoy great food, drink and company. It’s meeting season!
Starting in 2014 GBTU separated our meetings into separate Business and Program meetings. Below are the differences between the two meetings…below that, this year’s schedule…
- Third Thursday of each month starting in September (with the exception of February which is the Conservation Banquet)
- These are board meetings that are open to all members.
- This is were decisions that help guide the chapter are made (exception is individual financial votes of $1000 or more).
- In order to ensure order and timeliness, only elected board members and officers are expected to bring motions to the agenda and participate in the decision making process.
- Food and drinks are not provided at Business Meetings.
- Meetings go from 6p – 8p.
- First Thursday of each month beginning in October (exception is December which we have our Awards Dinner…this has also been moved to December 10th due to a packer’s game on the 3rd).
- Feature interesting guest speakers.
- Include free food, drinks (coffee, soda and water) and like-minded individuals.
- Meetings go from 6:30p – 8p
Green Bay Trout Unlimited (GBTU) 2015-16 Meeting Schedule
Our meeting location has changed from last year…All Meetings are going held at Townline Bar and Grill, 2544 Lineville Rd, Suamico
Please check website and email for possible changes or cancellations….
September 17th – Business Meeting
October 1st – Program Meeting (Tim Waters, President of Wolf River Chapter TU talking about fishing the Wolf River and tribs)
October 15th – Business Meeting
November 5th – Program Meeting (Tim Pantzlaff, owner SpeyCo Fly Reels. Since he lives close to Townline we may go to his shop, or some water, to practice casting these larger fly rod and reel combos. I guess Spey fishing is a different kind of fly fishing…usually for salmon and steelhead).
November 19th – Business Meeting
December 10th – Awards Dinner (this is moved from Thursday, December 3rd due to a Packers game)
December 17th – Business Meeting
January 7th – Program Meeting (Hoping to have Jim Snitgen, Oneida water specialist, on restoration efforts on Brown County trout streams including Lancaster Creek and Trout Creek and more).
January 21st – Business Meeting
February 4th – Program (TBD)
February 18th – Conservation Banquet
March 3rd – Program (TBD)
March 17th – Business Meeting
April 7th – Annual Meeting
April 21st – Business Meeting (if needed)